Green 1 class
Overview of class
Welcome to Green 1 class. We are an Early Years class consisting of 12 children. Our Teacher is Michelle. Our Teaching assistants are Andrea, Sharon and Ellie. Jo Taylor comes to help us on Tuesdays and also Wednesday afternoons.
What we did last half term:
Last half term we were doing lots of activities linked to celebrations. We have explored Bonfire Night, Birthdays, Remembrance day, Divali and Christmas. We have also helped to raise money by celebrating Children in Need when we all had the chance to dress up to come to school.
All of these have involved lots of sensory activities including paint, clay, smells and food tasting. The Indian food for Divali went down very well.
Alongside these celebrations we have been exploring snow and ice. This has included rescuing polar animals from blocks of ice, making our own ice-creams, playing in snow, eating ice lollies and lots more.
Christmas preparations and celebrations have been very exciting beginning with everyone helping to decorate the tree in our classroom. Surprisingly it has stayed up – most of the time!!
What we are learning this term:
Our topic this half term is 'Storytime.' We will be listening and doing activities about 'The gingerbread man', 'The three little pigs' and 'Jack and the Beanstalk.'
- Please send home/school diaries in each day.
- Please send children in fresh clean clothes each day. This can be uniform or childrens own clothes.
- Children are offered fruit at snack time. If you know your child will not eat fruit, please send in an alternative snack for them.
- Children will need to attend school in PE outfits on Mondays as this is our PE day.
- We spend a lot of time outside on our playground and the field. Please ensure your child comes with a warm coat every day, as well as a hat and gloves if they will wear them. We do have some wellingtons in school but if your child has a pair they could leave at school please do send them in. There are a lot of puddles!
Large T-shirts which will fit over their uniforms are still needed to help keep your children cleaning during many of our activities.
Thank you for you continued support.